BiH Ministry of Justice
Registry of the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina for war crimes, organized crime, economic crime and corruption
International tribunals and courts
· International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia
· International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda
· Special Court for Sierra Leone
· International Criminal Court
· International Court of Justice
Other Courts of Interest
· Sud Bosne i Hercegovine
· Europski sud za ljudska prava
· Inter-American Court of Human Rights
International Associations and Societies
· International Criminal Bar
· American Society for International Law
· International Bar Association
· International Criminal Defence Attorney Association (ICDAA)
· International Association of Penal Law
· International Commission of Jurists
· Union Internationel des Avocats
· Lawyers without borders
· European Criminal Bar Association
· Hieros Gamos. This website gives an overview of all national bar associations and other legal associations.
National Bar Associations
· Croatian Bar Association
· Bar Association of Serbia
· Advokatska - odvjetnicka komora FBiH (FBiH Bar Association)
· Advokatska komora Republike SRPSKE (RS Bar Association)
· United Nations (UN)
· United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights and in particular http://www.ohchr.org/english/library/resources.htm lists many valuable resources websites on library catalogues, institutions and organisations, national and international legal sources, treaties.
· Office of the High Representative (OHR)
· Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
· North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)
· Council of Europe – Treaties This treaty database includes many human rights treaties
· International Committee for the Red Cross (ICRC), and in particular http://www.icrc.org/Web/eng/siteeng0.nsf/html/... where you can find fact sheets and information kits on national implementation of international humanitarian law.
· Amnesty International
· SIM. Contains a variety of databases. Most importantly it includes a searchable database on the ICTR Jurisprudence.
· Nuremberg War Crimes Trials (Yale Law School) - A collection of the relevant official documents, including the Tribunal Judgments
· Human Rights Watch, Topical Digests of the Case Law of the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda and the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia
· The Coalition for International Justice tracks the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) and the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR), provides audio and video files of the ICTY, publishes the indictments issued through both tribunals as well as dossiers on those indicted, and offers links to related sites.
· Institute for War and Peace Reporting (IWPR). Media organization specifically following the ICTY
Human Rights Databases
· Bayefsky.com. Database on the United Nations Human Rights Treaty System from York University. All material is organised by state and by subject matter. Includes detailed guidance on using the complaint option of the treaty system
· Human Rights Library at the University of Minnesota This comprehensive site includes many of the international human rights treaties and related documents, as well as material from the UN Human Rights groups. It also contains a comprehensive list of links to related sites including organisations throughout the world. In Arabic, English, French, Japanese, Russian and Spanish
· Fletcher Multilaterals Project Texts of international multilateral conventions and other instruments. Categorised by subject and arranged chronologically. Searchable
· Human Rights Network International A comprehensive site with instruments, cases, articles and website links
· Legislationline is a "library without walls," provided by the Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE). It compiles international texts and domestic legislation in the OSCE region, organised by topic, country and international standards
· Project DIANA Housed at the Yale University library, this massive compilation of information on Human Rights issues around the globe is an excellent research resource for those in the field. It contains a searchable list of documents organized by topic, a Hot Topics section, and a comprehensive list of links to other DIANA sites as well as to other Human Rights sites. Highly recommended
· http://untreaty.un.org/English/treaty.aspThis page offers links to a greater variety of UN treaty related topics including a link to the login page. Government departments of Member States will have free access through usernames and passwords allocated to them (Member States will exercise their discretion in the distribution of these usernames/passwords). Free access will be available to all UN staff at duty stations. http://untreaty.un.org/English/howtoreg.asp
· http://www.ichr-law.org/english/links/link3.htm International Committee for Human Rights website with links to many human rights documents, mainly international, European and American.
· For the Record Produced in partnership with the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT), this report summarizes the work of the United Nations and the Council of Europe on human right issues and developments for the last year.
· International Humanitarian Law Database Maintained by the Red Cross, this site contains the full-text of 89 treaties from 1865 to date, the Geneva Conventions and their additional Protocols, an actualised listing of signatures, ratifications and full text reservations of International Humanitarian Law treaties
· International Humanitarian Law Research Initiative This portal, developed by the Harvard Program on Humanitarian Policy and Conflict Research, provides free access to a searchable database of links to current research (the ‘E-Library’ section of the web site), reference materials, and regional and international news on International Humanitarian Law. Registration is free.
· TMC Asser Institute. Searchable bibliography on international humanitarian law.
· http://www.crimesofwar.org/ Clear and concise summaries on IHL issues. News. Well furnished essays collection on IHL and international criminal law issues
International Criminal Law Databases
· Research Guide to International Law on the Internet, International Criminal Law is maintained by Massimo Magagni for the University of Bologna, Faculty of Political Science. This page covers many links to international courts, the Ad Hoc Tribunals for Former Yugoslavia and Rwanda, and international criminal law in general
· International Criminal Law is a comprehensive research guide created by Gail Partin as part of the ASIL Guide to Electronic Resources for International Law, a series of excellent research guides sponsored by the American Society of International Law.
· The NYU Law Library "Guide to Foreign and International Legal Databases," compiled and edited by Mirela Roznovschi has an "International Criminal Law" page which adds links to the Project on International Courts and Tribunals (PICT).
· Cecil Greek's Criminal Justice Links: International Criminal Justice Resources links to web sites for criminal law, law enforcement, crime prevention and peacemaking, and includes regional source lists for the United States, United Kingdom, Europe, Canada, Australia, Africa, Asia, and South America.
· Buffalo Criminal Law Center. This page provides on-line access to criminal law materials from around the world, including, among other things, criminal codes, criminal procedure codes, and enforcement codes
· Yale Genocide Studies Program. Information and databases on genocide. Does not cover Yugoslavia.
· University of Chicago Library. it provides a list of links related to comparative and international law topics, including human rights and war crimes (courts, treaties, agreements, ect.). http://www.americanstudents.us/EyesOnTheICC-1.1.pdf : ‘Eyes on the ICC- The independent Student Coalition for ICC’- online annual journal (230 pages) made by the only student based organization in the US dedicated solely to educating the American public about the Rome Statute and the ICC.
Useful BiH Websites
· http://www.sllist.ba/ The website for the Official Gazette, only in Bosnian.
· UN Office on Drugs and Crimes http://www.unodc.org/unodc/crime_cicp_sitemap.html access to United Nations Crime and Justice Information Network (UNCJIN) from this site
· New England School of Law Research Links. Large collection of further links and research materials.
· EISIL is a large collection of materials, web sites and helpful research guides to international law on the Internet.
· Council of Europe. This portal provides information regards to the activity of this international body in the human rights’ defense and legal co-operation fields among State Members (Bosnia-Herzegovina became a member as well). It also includes a section dedicated to the activity of the Commissioner for Human Rights.